Pictured: Corrosion Passivation explained in 9 steps
1. For corrosion passivation, you find yourself a corroded ballast water tank.
2. Make sure you have nC Nano Corrosion Passivator on board.
3. Pour in 1L per 1 m3 of nC Nano Corrosion passivator in emptied wet or dry ballast water tank.
4. Check if the Corrosion Passivator has spread over the bottom of the ballast water tank.
5. Let air escape while ballasting the tank to the brim with seawater to avoid air pockets.
6. Fill the next ballast water tank with nC Nano Corrosion Passivator and empty the previous ballast water tank in the next one.
7. Check if the tank…
…is completely covered, and if the nC Corrosion Passivator is doing it’s job (compare this picture with picture 1, that was taken several hours before this picture 7).
8. Clean your gear.
9. And check again. Good to go!
More detail regarding corrosion passivation here.