Based on sol-gel nanotechnology, the nC® ProTherm Safe Touch coating system is designed for Safe Touch and corrosion passivation. nC® ProTherm Safe Touch has a long lasting lifetime cycle of more than 20 years outdoors, and life-long expectancy indoors.
Because of the ability to reach a high temperature decrease (Delta-T) with a very thin layer of coating, nC® ProTherm Safe Touch offers space saving and cost reducing protection at a high degree of safety and quality. nC® ProTherm Safe Touch is hydrophobic and chemical resistant.
It provides Safe Touch surfaces and is capable of reducing surface temperatures of, for instance, steampipes from 160°C down to 40°C with a 4mm coating. In order to prevent corrosion, the nC® ProTherm Safe Touch coating is equipped with a corrosion passivating primer. The primer is based on surface bonding nanotechnology (sol-gel) and corrosion inhibiting particles that bond into the metal surface of the treated equipment. The system will prevent metals from corroding. It will stop already present corrosion.
nC® ProTherm Safe Touch is applied by brush, roller, knife or spraygun. It can be applied in one layer, between 3mm up to 8 mm and is fast drying. nC® ProTherm Safe Touch is available in all colours.
- Delta-T up to 260°C
- Low weight 0,95 gr/m³
- Bonds into and with surface chemically, not mechanically
- Passivates metal against corrosion
- Hydrophobic, oleophobic surface and behaviour
- Consumption 1350 gr/m²
- Performs in temperatures of -90°C up to 750°C
- Low VOC
- No hazardous fumes
- Establishes Safe Touch areas
- No skin burns
- Easy application
- One layer application between 3mm up to 8mm
- For indoor and outdoor use
- No spray mist or overspray
- Fast drying
- Suits all metals and synthetics
- Space saving
- Chemical resistant
- +15 y of service
- All colours available
- 25% up to 50% less energy cost
- 40% up to 60% less application/project cost
- Low cost per m²
- Fast Return On Investment
- First-time-right product, fast application, low impact
- Easy to repair, no cladding replacement cost
- Very long service time
- Safe work means happy employees
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Use safety glasses. Protect hands and skin from exposure using gloves and appropriate clothing.
- Ensure adequate ventilation.
- Substrate must be free from grease, dirt or dust.
- Ambient temperature must be between 4° C and 35° C.
- Do not apply when ambient humidity exceeds 90%.
- Mix dry component A 12% weight to resin component B 88% weight. Use (industrial) mixer.
- Mix for at least 3 minutes.
- Do NOT use any thinner.
- Use knife or airgun/spraygun for application.
- Film thicknesses can be varied from between 3mm to 8mm WFT.
- DFT >3mm, <6mm for Safe Touch purposes.
- DFT >5mm, < 19mm for thermal insulation purposes.
- Cross layer-application is recommended, wet-in-wet.
- Measure WFT during application. Product expands up from between 5% to 15% during application.
- nC® ProTherm Safe Touch will decrease 10% in thickness during curing time.
Table for curing times, at ambient temperature of 20° C and 60% humidity:
|All metals, indoor||12 hrs|
|All metals, outdoor||24 hrs / 48 hrs, depending on temperature and humidity|
|Product can be exposed to full rain after 12 hours. Full cure after 7 days|
- Let surface dry in for at least 6 hours before forced drying by means of blower or heater at 55° C max.
- Surface can be painted over.
- Clean knifes, nozzles with water immediately after any stop.
- Wash hands and face after every stop.
- Do not use as a ﬁnal ﬂoor covering.
- Do not use under water.
- Do not allow application during freezing temperatures.
- Do not rely on visual measurement for coating thickness. Always use a wet ﬁlm thickness (WFT) and/or dry ﬁlm thickness (DFT) gauge in several areas to ensure proper application thickness.
- Never use pressure to empty drums.
- Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.
- nC® ProTherm Safe Touch has a shelf life of 6 months.
- Store nC® ProTherm Safe Touch between temperatures of 5° Celsius and 35° Celsius.
- nC® ProTherm Safe Touch is available in 5 kg, 20 kg, 65 kg or 350 kg packaging.
- Delivery time 1 to 3 weeks
- UN number: None assigned.
- UN proper shipping name: None assigned.
- Transport hazard class(es): None assigned. Product is suitable for air transport.
- Packing group: None assigned.
- Environmental hazards: No known environmental hazards.
- Special precautions for user(s): No known precautions for transport.
- It is advised to avoid freezing product.
- Guidance on transport in bulk: Transport in bulk according to Annex II of MARPOL 73/78 and the International Bulk Chemical Code (IBC code).
- Appearance after mixing: Grey yoghurt, thixotropic
- Odour: Acrylic
- % Solids: 72%
- Solvents: None, water 25,85%
- Density 0,9 g/cm³
- pH-Value 11 – 12
- Shore Hardness A = 30 – 40
- Boilingpoint 100° Celsius
- Flashpoint 300° Celsius
- Vapour pressure at 20° Celsius: 23 hPa
- VOC IE 2010/75 EU: 2,4% (32,4 g/l)