nC® ProTherm is a series of sprayable and brushable thermal insulating coatings. With additional properties as acoustic insulation in dB-X, Safe-Touch, fire retardancy in Fire-X and corrosion passivation in CUI-X, you can always find the suitable thermal insulating coating for your situation.
With a sol-gel nanotechnology basis, the thermal insulating coating aims for long lasting lifetime cycles of more than 15 years outdoors, and life-long expectancy indoors. Because of the ability to insulate with a very thin layer of coating, the nC® ProTherm coatings offer space saving and cost reducing at a high degree of insulation with an U-value at 4,2 W/(m²K) at 6 mm, and a lambda (λ)-value at 0,040 W/(mK). It is moist repelling and UV-resistant. Of course, it keeps heat and cold in place.
nC® ProTherm ISO-X is a thermal insulating coating addressing both cold and heat issues. You can apply it on brick, stone, wood and concrete. Before application, the dry component A must be mixed together with rsin component B. Use a mixer to prepare a 1:4 ratio powder/resin mixture. At this point, apply ISO-X by brush, roller or spraygun. It shows a stucco-like, relief finish. nC® ProTherm ISO-X can be applied in one layer, between 3mm up to 18 mm. Obviously, nC® ProTherm ISO-X is available in all colours.
- Thermal insulation U-value 4,2 W/(m²K) at 6 mm
- Lambda (λ)-value at 0,040 W/(mK)
- Acoustic insulating
- Low weight 0,35 gr/m³
- Bonds into and with surface chemically, not mechanically
- Low consumption 175 gr/m² to 350 gr/m²
- Performs in temperatures of -90°C up to 120°C
- Low VOC
- No hazardous fumes
- Apply by brush, roller or spraygun
- One layer application between 3mm up to 18mm
- For indoor and outdoor use
- No spray mist or overspray
- Fast drying
- Suits all materials
- Space saving
- Chemical resistant
- Breathes, no vapour barrier
- +15 y of service outdoors
- All colours available
- Can be painted over
- 25% up to 35% less energy cost
- 40% up to 60% less application/project cost
- Low cost per m²
- First-time-right product, fast application, low impact
- Very long service time
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Use safety glasses. Protect hands and skin from exposure using gloves and appropriate clothing.
- Ensure adequate ventilation.
- Obviously, substrate must be free from grease, dirt or dust before application of thermal insulating coating.
- Ambient temperature must be between 4° C and 35° C.
- Do not apply when ambient humidity exceeds 90%.
- Mix dry component A 25% weight to resin component B 75% weight. Use (industrial) mixer.
- Mix for at least 3 minutes.
- Subsequently, do NOT use any thinner.
- Use brush, roller or airgun/spraygun for application.
- Film thicknesses can be varied from between 3mm to 18mm WFT.
- Cross layer-application is recommended. At this point wet-in-wet.
- Measure WFT during application. Product expands up from between 5% to 15% during application.
- nC® ProTherm ISO-X will decrease 10% in thickness during curing time.
Table for curing times, at ambient temperature of 20° C and 60% humidity:
|Sandstone, brick, gypsum, natural wood||12 hrs|
|Concrete, pressed wood, synthetics, glass||24 hrs / 48 hrs|
|Product can be exposed to full rain after 12 hours|
- Let surface dry in for at least 6 hours before forced drying by means of blower or heater at 55° C max.
- Surface can be painted over.
- Clean brushes, rollers, nozzles with water immediately after any stop.
- Wash hands and face after every stop.
- Do not use as a ﬁnal ﬂoor covering.
- In case of long-term or life-long submersion, only install in combination with nC® ProTherm H2O finish.
- Do not install over poor surfaces, such as those with ﬂaking paint, grease or other contaminates.
- Do not allow application during freezing temperatures.
- Do not rely on visual measurement for coating thickness. Always use a wet ﬁlm thickness (WFT) and/or dry ﬁlm thickness (DFT) gauge in several areas to ensure proper application thickness.
- Never use pressure to empty drums.
- Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.
- nC® ProTherm ISO-X has a shelf life of 6 months.
- Consequently, store nC ProTherm ISO-X between temperatures of 5° Celsius and 35° Celsius.
- nC® ProTherm ISO-X is available in 5 kg, 20 kg, 65 kg or 350 kg packaging.
- Delivery time 1 to 3 weeks
- UN number: None assigned.
- UN proper shipping name: None assigned.
- Transport hazard class(es): None assigned. Product is suitable for air transport.
- Packing group: None assigned.
- Environmental hazards: No known environmental hazards.
- Special precautions for user(s): No known precautions for transport.
- It is advised to avoid freezing product.
- Guidance on transport in bulk: Transport in bulk according to Annex II of MARPOL 73/78 and the International Bulk Chemical Code (IBC code).
- Appearance after mixing: White yoghurt
- Odour: Acrylic
- % Solids: 79%
- Density 0,35 g/cm³
- pH-Value 8,35 – 8,45
- Shore Hardness A = 45 – 55