nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Touch Up (NCP Touch Up) is a sol-gel polymer-based fluid, designed to stop the corrosion process without the need for sandblasting, coating or other expensive and time-consuming work and blasting-equipment. It is specifically designed to touch up on wet spots.
nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Touch Up is specifically designed to passivate corrosion in open, weather exposed areas like hulls, structures, window frames, winches, pumps, valves and other appliances, joints, welds. It is also very well suitable in confined areas like holds, tanks, peaks, voids, rudders, internal structures of frames and booms, joints and welds. Material thickness will remain stationary for at least 2 years in mentioned areas when exposed to salt water.
nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Touch Up works through a process called chelation in which larger synthetic molecules form a bond with the iron behind the rust, thereby pulling the loose iron oxide from the surface. nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Touch Up forms a flexible barrier inside the capillar and intermolecular structure of the metal surface. The bonding passivates the corrosion process and the metal. The bonded passivating structure will remain in place for at least 2 years.
- Removes corrosion
- Passivates corrosion and metals
- Displaces salt
- Displaces water
- High spread-rate of 15m²/l up to 30m²/l
- Fast curing time
- Protects over 2 years against corrosion outdoors
- Protects up to 10 years against corrosion indoors
- Develops no toxic or flammable fumes
- Contains no solvents
- No prepwork like sandblasting needed
- Ideal for fast touch-ups or spot repairs.
- Application by floating, brush, roller or spraying
- Application on wet surfaces possible
- Application during rain possible
- No heavy safety measures needed during application
- Shock and shear proof once applied
- No sandblasting = No dust!
- Can be painted over, even after months
- Up to 70% lower cost of project compared to traditional coating
- Low cost of material, no primer needed
- No disposal costs for blasting medium
- No downtime of asset or vessel necessary
- Low labour costs
- Do not use nC® NCP Touch Up as final coat when exposed for longer time outdoors
- Do not use nC® NCP Touch Up as final floor or deck covering.
- Do not use nC® NCP Touch Up as final coat in tubes or pipes.
- Do not use nC® NCP Touch Up in foodprocessing equipment.
- Always finish nC® NCP Primer with either nC® NCP Cold Alloy or nC® NCP HCR when exposure in above stated situations is required.
- Product is ready for use
- nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Touch Up is to be handled with protective gloves and eye/face protection.
- Surface may be moist or dry, but remove standing water and grease.
- Sandblasting or prep work not needed.
- No primer needed.
- Already coated surfaces with sound adhesion of paint or coating will remain unaffected.
- Ambient temperatures during processing and application should be between 4°C up to 50°C.
- Apply nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Touch Up with cloth, brush, roller or spray. Floating is possible, but we recommend nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Fluid for floating applications.
- Application rate around 15 m² up to 30 m² per liter, depending on corrosion, at 80 to 100 micron DFT
- ATTENTION: nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Touch Up will spread over a surface 2 times bigger than when applied (applied in a 5 cm circle surface will end in a 10cm coated surface). Please try first to experience the spreading effect.
- Dry to touch (ready to paint over) after 30 minutes.
- Nano techniques have to distribute themselves into the capillary rooms and morphology of the substrate they are put in. This process can last up to 6 hours for NCP Touch Up, depending of the ambient temperature during the process. The warmer (or hotter!) the ambient temperature, the faster the distribution time. Surfaces can be used full scale 6 hours after application.
- Once applied, nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Touch Up can withstand temperatures from -75°C up to 150°C.
- nC® NCP Touch Up coats can last up to 2 years, even when operating in salt-water. Tank tops of chemical and oil tankers will show shorter performance (for heavy chemical environments like crude-oil or acids, please consult nC NCP High Chemical Resistant product information.
- Welding usually does not affect the nC® NCP Touch Up, but intense welding can damage the NCP Touch Up matrix inside the metal. Just touch up the welding spot immediately after welding.
- Wash hands and face thoroughly after handling.
- Store unopened or tightly closed containers below 35°C in a dark place.
- Store unopened containers for 1 year max.
- Do NOT freeze product.
- Never use pressure to empty drums.
- Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.
- Reuse empty container with nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Touch Up only.
- Lead time 5 to 14 days.
- Packaging 1 liter, 5 liter, 20 liter, 200 liter, IBC
- UN number: None assigned.
- UN proper shipping name: None assigned.
- Transport hazard class(es): None assigned. Product is suitable for air transport.
- Packing group: None assigned.
- Environmental hazards: No known environmental hazards.
- Special precautions for user(s): No known precautions for transport.
- Guidance on transport in bulk: Transport in bulk according to Annex II of MARPOL 73/78 and the International Bulk Chemical Code (IBC code).
- Brown, opaque transparent fluid
- Specific gravity 0.85
- Flash-point ASTM D-92 155°C
- VOC <1% CARB310
- Conductivity < 109 mho/cm at 1 MHz
- ASTM D-471, no swelling of neoprene or nitrile rubber
- Meets and exceeds the corrosion performance requirements of C5M
- MARPOL Annex II category: Other Substances