nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Primer is a sol-gel based nano-fluid, a formulation to stop the corrosion process without the need for sandblasting, coating or other expensive and time-consuming work and blasting-equipment. The primer will passivate both corrosion and metal, so no metal regression will take place anymore. NCP Primer bonds with the metal surface in the intermolecular rooms. When painted over, surfaces can survive more than 20 years without corrosion.
nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Primer is specifically designed to passivate corrosion and metals in areas of conflict, like metal edges, areas with standing water, areas with cracked hard-coat or flexing areas of frames and booms. Material thickness will remain stationary for years in above stated areas when exposed to salt water.
nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Primer works through a process called chelation in which large synthetic molecules form a bond with the iron behind the rust, thereby pulling the loose iron oxide from the surface. nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Primer forms a flexible barrier inside the capillar and intermolecular structure of the metal surface. This covalent bond offers a flexible protection as it will shrink and expand along with the metal during ambient temperature changes. The layer itself offers a transparent black/brown finish. When painted over, the Primer makes metals immune for elevated temperatures, salt, water, chemicals or oxygen. The formulation passivates the corrosion process.
nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Primer (NCP Primer) is specifically suitable for already corroded metals. Removal of the present corrosion is not required. Application MUST be done on a moist or wet metal surface.
- 2 layers become one
- Bonds chemically in metal
- Passivates metal
- Passivates corrosion
- Total DFT < 35 micron
- Usage 25g/m²
- Flexible in cold and heat
- Extremely abrasion resistant
- Free of lead and chrome
- Lifetime cycle > 20 years when painted over
- No blasting, grinding or chipping needed
- Can be applied on wet surface
- Very fast curing time
- Low weight per m²
- Application by brush, roller or airgun / spraying
- No repairs after welding
- Shear, shock and abrasion resistant
- New on old possible
- Must be finished over, can be painted over with regular paint
- 50% up to 70% less application/project cost
- Minimizes corrosion related costs
- No chipping or gritblasting related costs
- Low m² price
- No extra costs for specialist equipment
- Much shorter off-hire period due to fast application
- Do not use nC® NCP Primer as final coat outdoors.
- Do not use nC® NCP Primer as final floor or deck covering.
- Do not use nC® NCP Primer as final coat in tubes or pipes.
- Do not use nC® NCP Primer in foodprocessing equipment.
- Always finish nC® NCP Primer with either nC® NCP Cold Alloy or nC® NCP HCR when exposure in above stated situations is required.
- Product is ready for use as a primer.
- nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Primer is free from acids and heavy metals.
- nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Primer has a alcohol/water basis.
- Use nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Primer on corroded surfaces.
- Blasting, grinding or chipping is not needed.
- nC Nano Corrosion Passivator Primer can be diluted with water, max. 5% dilution.
- Surface needs to be free from grease or oil or traces of glue.
- Surface MUST be moist or wet, avoid standing or running water. In case of dry surface, hose, brush or mop with water.
- Ambient temperature during application between 4°C to 40°C.
- Surface temperature during application must be between 4°C to 25°C. Hotter surfaces need wetting.
- Ideal temperature of nC® NCP Primer between 20°C to 30°C in case of spraying.
- When application is done on a suface temperature exceeding 50°C, evaporation will occur, it will double the material needed per m².
- Application by means of brush, roller or spray.
- The surface will colour dark-brown, deep purple or anthracite when curing or cured.
- Spread-rate is 25g/m² or 45m² per liter at 10 micron DFT.
- Apply wet-in-wet. Touch-dry after 60 to 120 mins.
- User-ready after 180 mins.
- Do NOT dry by force.
- You can paint over after 120 mins. If primer is not coated or painted over after 24 hours, you MUST sandpaper lightly before applying a new layer of primer or paint.
- After curing, nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Primer can withstand temperatures up to 140°C without corrosion removal if painted over by a regular paint.
- After curing, nC Nano Corrosion Passivator Primer can withstand temperatures up to 260°C without corrosion removal if painted over with nC NCP Cold Alloy.
- For protection against corrosion at higher temperatures between 180°C, up to 1500°C please remove the corrosion and use nC® NCP Cold Alloy only.
- Store below 45°C.
- Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.
- nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Primer packagings (opened or unopened) have a shelf life of 12 months.
- Delivery time up to 10 days
- Packaging 5 liter, 20 liter, 200 liter, IBC
- UN number: None assigned.
- UN proper shipping name: None assigned.
- Transport hazard class(es): None assigned. Product is suitable for air transport.
- Packing group: None assigned.
- Environmental hazards: No known environmental hazards.
- Special precautions for user(s): No known precautions for transport.
- It is advised to avoid freezing product.
- Guidance on transport in bulk: Transport in bulk according to Annex II of MARPOL 73/78 and the International Bulk Chemical Code (IBC code).