nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator is a dry film nano-fluid, designed to stop the corrosion process. Especially, without the need for sandblasting, coating or other expensive and time-consuming work and materials. Material thickness will remain stationary. If you have material thickness that is sufficient now, but will expectedly be subject to replacement during the next special or intermediate survey, nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Fluid is your solution to keep thickness as it is right now.
Through the process called chelation in which large synthetic molecules form a bond with the iron behind the rust, nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Fluid pulls the loose iron oxide from the surface. nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Fluid forms a flexible barrier inside the capillar and intermolecular structure of the metal surface. The formulation passivates the metal corrosion process.
- Removes corrosion
- Passivates corrosion
- Displaces salt
- Displaces water
- Protects up to 5 years against corrosion in salt water
- Protects over more than 15 years against corrosion in fresh water conditions
- No toxic or flammable fumes
- Collected surplus after use is re-usable
- No sandblasting needed per sé
- No curing time
- Application by floating, brush, roller or spray
- Application during sail, lay-by, docking
- Very small crew needed for easy and fast application
- Overhauling an engine without danger of dust saves time
- Up to 60% lower cost of project compared to traditional coating
- Low cost of material
- No docking time necessary
- No disposal costs
- No downtime of vessel necessary
- Minimizes labour costs
BENEFITS CORROSION PASSIVATOR
nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Fluid aims to passivate heavy corrosion and remove loose rust. Moreover, without the need of time-consuming sandblasting or jetting. Also the time-consuming and expensive application of (epoxy)coating is not required to protect the metal surfaces and structures as nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Fluid is applied by floating. Also, working with spraygun or brush/roller is possible.
Specifically suitable for all metals, nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Fluid is an anti-corrosive penetrant and coating in one go. Does leave a dry surface and provides protection against damaging influences of moisture, salt, welding and cleaning agents. nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Fluid is available as a flexible amber transparent nano-formulated fluid. It is free of solvents. Non-toxic. It will not evaporate. Reacts with moisture and metal and will dissolve even the heaviest corrosion from metals. Leaves no patina or sticky surface.
Another benefit, nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Fluid comes in a carrier that is lighter than water. By means of filling and emptying the tank or internal structure with water and passivator, a 100% coverage is guaranteed. First time right. Spot-repairing by means of brushing, rolling or spraying is also common use. Here we advise the nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Cold Alloy Paint.
The fluid will protect metal structures up to 6 years, depending on influences as environment and abrasion. When necessary, repairing treated surfaces (by welding or replacement) can be done easily. nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Fluid suits very well for protection of metal internal structures and will also protect metal parts, piping or machinery stored outdoors from corroding.
Ideally, nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Fluid fits application in maritime and nautical internal structures with limited access. It will show limited self-healing capacities up to 3 years after application on smaller areas. In case old conventional paint or coating releases because of corrosion underneath, the adjacent or surrounding nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Fluid will fill in the left-open spot, removing the corrosion present and passivating the spot.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
The following instructions apply for the application of nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Fluid by means of brush, roller, airgun or floating. Application should be done by a trained or a nC Marine supervised crew.
- Product is ready for use
- Surface may be wet or dry, but remove standing water.
- Sandblasting or prep work not needed.
- Coating or painting of treated surfaces not needed.
- Already coated surfaces with sound adhesion of paint or coating will remain unaffected.
- Ambient temperatures during processing and application should be between -5°C up to 40°C.
- A skilled crew can operate fully independent of a vessel’s or rig’s crew if necessary or convenient.
- A skilled crew of 2 persons can treat up to 8 ballast tanks per day, depending of pump capacity on board.
- Treating ballast tanks, internal structures and tank tops or double-bottom tanks can be done without drying.
- Treating ballast tanks, internal structures and tank tops or double-bottom tanks can be done without spraying.
- Application rates vary from 0,8 litre to 1,2 litre per m³.
- Application rates vary from 4,8 m² to 7,2 m² per litre.
- Application of nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Fluid by floatation requires a maximum rise/fall rate of 20 cm per minute during pumping. To descale and passivate, two cycles are required in case of heavy corrosion.
- Nano techniques have to distribute themselves into the capillary rooms and morphology of the substrate they are put in. This process can last up to 24 hours, depending of the ambient temperature during the process. The warmer (or hotter!) the merrier, the faster the distribution time. Surfaces can be used immediately after application.
- Application can be done during sail, lay-by or docking. Choose the most economical way!
- Once aboard, application of material can be done without use of craning, scaffolding or special clothing.
- Ultrasonic measuring of material thickness on pre-described spots will provide a record that shows the evidence that trending and corrosion has stopped.
- Once applied, nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Fluid can stand temperatures ranging from -75°C up to 110°C.
- nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Fluid can last up to 6 years in ballast tanks, internal structures or double-bottom tanks when operating in salt-water. Tank tops of chemical and oil tankers will show shorter performance.
- Welding the cargo on deck usually does not affect nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Fluid, but intense welding can damage the passivator. Always check whether the coating heals itself. When in doubt, use nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Cold Alloy Paint. This nC® coating withstands exposure to welding temperatures for a very long time.
- nC Surface Technology BV can make client-specific NCP blends: The formula can be ruggedized to keep performance of NCP on the optimal level, should external influences (chemical ambient air, beamed steam, excessive heat etc.) require this.
- nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Fluid is to be handled with protective gloves and eye/face protection.
- Wash hands and face thoroughly after handling.
- This material is not a paint/coating. It is a stable, non-flammable, non-toxic, translucent liquid.
- Ventilation: No ventilation aids necessary.
- Store below 45°C.
- Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.
- Reuse empty container with nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Fluid only.
- nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Fluid packagings (opened or unopened) have an unlimited shelf life.
- Delivery time 3 to 8 days
- Packaging 5 liter, 20 liter, 200 liter, IBC