nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Cold Alloy (NCP CA) is a coating based on surface bonding nanotechnology (sol-gel). The system will prevent metals from corroding. It will stop already present corrosion. Both new or blasted metals, as well as already corroded metals (ferro or non-ferro) can have this treatment, without the need for chipping or blasting beforehand. This makes it a very fast, cost-effective and environment friendly solution. Because of the chemical bonding, it withstands welding temperatures, shockloads or chemicals. It will protect metals against corrosion for more than 20 years.
nC® Corrosion Passivator Cold Alloy
nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Cold Alloy by itself is specifically suited for new or sandblasted metals, without the need for a primer. It develops a cold alloy matrix within the metal surface. This offers a flexible protection, making metals immune for ambient influences like elevated temperatures, salt, water, chemicals or oxygen. The cold alloy bonds with the metal and withstands abrasion. Because NCP Paint is resistant against welding temperatures up to 1500 C for hours, it will not get damaged and corrosion will not develop. This is very useful at tanktops in ballastwater tanks, as it is common use to weld cargo on the hold floor. Don’t want to sandblast or can’t reach the spot you want to blast? Use nC® NCP Primer as underlayment.
- 2 components 1:1 ratio
- Bonds chemically
- Passivates metal
- DFT < 15 micron
- Low spread-rate 23g/m²
- Flexible in cold and heat
- Withstands up to 1.500⁰C
- Extremely abrasion resistant
- Free of lead and chrome
- Lifetime cycle > 20 years
- No specialist equipment needed
- No primer needed
- Very fast curing time
- Low weight per m²
- Application by brush, roller or airgun / spraying
- No repairs after welding
- Shear, shock and abrasion resistant
- New on old possible
- Can be painted over
- Minimizes corrosion related costs
- Minimizes chipping and gritblasting costs
- Minimizes welding damage costs
- Low m² price
- No extra costs for specialist equipment
- Do not use nC® NCP Cold Alloy as a final coat when exposed for over a year outdoors
- Do not use nC® NCP Cold Alloy as final floor or deck covering.
- Do not use nC® NCP Cold Alloy as final coat in tubes or pipes, finish with nC® NCP HCR or nC® ProTect 4400/4600/4700.
- Wear protective gloves and safety goggles during application.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke during application.
- nC® Nano Corrosion Passivator Cold Alloy is a 2 component coating.
- Mixing ratio Component A binder: 1 and Component B cold alloy: 3.
- Stir well for 10 to 15 minutes with drilling-machine.
- After mixing, pot-life is 4 to 7 days when stored at >10°C AND when coating IN pot is covered with plastic bag directly touching coating surface.
- When re-opening an already mixed pot, stir well for at least 5 minutes.
- Surface needs to be free from dirt, paint or rust.
- Surface needs to be free from grease or oil.
- Surface must be dry.
- Application by means of brush, roller or spray.
- Ambient temperatures during application must be between 5°C to 40°C.
- Ideal temperature of nC® NCP CA between 20°C to 30°C in case of spraying.
- The surface will colour grey when cured.
- Lifetimecycle nC® NCP CA after application:
- 10 years when painted over outdoors
- 10 years when left uncoated or unsealed indoors
- 15 to>20 years when sealed outdoors (see nC® ProTect Sealants for more information).
- Use nC Nano Corrosion Passivator Cold Alloy for new or gritblasted metal. The cold alloy can be applied in one coat, without primer.
- Spread-rate is 30g-40g per m² or 25m² to 33m² per kilogram at 15 micron DFT.
- Apply wet-in-wet. You can paint over after 30 mins.
- Touch-dry after 30 mins, User ready after 60 mins.
- Store un-opened packagings at temperatures lower than 45°C.
- Store preferrably in ambient temperatures between 5° Celsius to 25° Celsius.
- Do NOT freeze product.
- Never use pressure to empty drums.
- Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.
- Delivery time 1 to 3 weeks.
- Packaging: 1 liter, 5 liter, 20 liter, 200 liter, IBC.