Based on covalent bonding nanotechnology, the fire retardant coating nC® ProTherm Fire-X system is designed for thermal insulation, IR-reflection and corrosion passivation. Fire-X has a long lasting lifetime cycle of more than 20 years outdoors, and life-long expectancy indoors.
Because of the ability to insulate with a very thin layer of coating, nC® ProTherm Fire-X offers space saving and cost reducing protection at a high degree of insulation with an U-value at 4,2 W/(m²K) at 6 mm, and a lambda (λ)-value at 0,040 W/(mK).
It provides Safe Touch surfaces to panels, walls and all kinds of separators and is capable of reducing surface temperatures at Delta T-values varying between 80°C up to 260°C. Because nC® ProTherm Fire-X is a fire retardant coating, it can withstand temperatures up to 900°C for 24 hours without deterioration. nC® Fire-X is hydrophobic and chemical resistant. It keeps heat and cold in place.
In order to prevent CUI (Corrosion Under Insulation), you can order the nC® ProTherm Fire-X coating with a corrosion passivating primer. The primer surpasses any corrosion protection coating available as it is based on surface bonding nanotechnology (sol-gel). The system will prevent metals from corroding. It will stop already present corrosion.
Both new or blasted metals, as well as already corroded metals (ferro or non-ferro) benefit from this treatment, without the need for chipping or blasting beforehand. This makes it a very fast, cost-effective and environment friendly solution. Because of the chemical bonding, the primer can withstand welding temperatures up to 1.500°C, shockloads and chemicals. By the same token, the fire retardant coating suits all materials.
The covalent bond offers a flexible protection for both nC® Fire-X as well as the nC® primer. It will shrink and expand along with the substrate material during ambient temperature changes. This way the fire retardant coating will not crack, as mechanically adhered coatings do. The layer itself offers the look-and-feel of a hard-coat. Both wall or panel, as well as the metal and coating are now immune for elevated temperatures, salt, water, chemicals or oxygen. As the cold alloy primer bonds with the metal, it builds a matrix inside the metal surface and withstands abrasion as never seen before. The primer will protect metals against corrosion for more than 20 years.
Because the nC® ProTherm Fire-X primer is resistant against welding temperatures, it will not get damaged.
nC® ProTherm Fire-X fire retardant coating is applied by knife, roller or spraygun. It shows a stucco-like, relief finish. nC® ProTherm Fire-X can be applied in one layer, between 3mm up to 18 mm and is a fast drying solution. nC® ProTherm Fire-X is available in all colours.
- Thermal insulation U-value 4,2 W/(m²K) at 6 mm
- Lambda (λ)-value at 0,040 W/(mK)
- Low weight 0,8 gr/m³
- Bonds into and with surface chemically, not mechanically
- Reflects IR radiation
- Hydrophobic, oleophobic surface and behaviour
- Consumption 1750 gr/m²
- Performs in temperatures of -40°C up to 900°C
- Low VOC
- No hazardous fumes
- Establishes Safe Touch areas
- Delta T up to 260°C
- Fire retardant coating, withstands open, intense fires up to 24 hours
- Chemical resistant
- Primer is welding proof
- Can be applied by knife or spraygun
- One layer application between 3mm up to 18mm
- For indoor and outdoor use
- Fast drying
- Suits all metals
- Space saving
- +15 y of service
- All colours available
- Minimizes costs for recoating
- 25% up to 50% less energy cost
- 40% up to 60% less application/project cost
- Low cost per m²
- First-time-right product, fast application, low impact
- Easy to repair, no cladding replacement cost
- Very long service time
- Fast Return On Investment
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Use safety glasses. Protect hands and skin from exposure using gloves and appropriate clothing.
- Ensure adequate ventilation.
- Substrate must be free from grease, dirt or dust.
- Ambient temperature must be between 4° C and 35° C.
- Do not apply when ambient humidity exceeds 90%.
- Mix dry component A 12% weight to resin component B 88% weight. Use (industrial) mixer.
- Mix for at least 3 minutes.
- Do NOT use any thinner.
- Use knife or airgun/spraygun for application.
- Film thicknesses can be varied from between 3mm to 18mm WFT.
- DFT >3mm, <6mm for Safe Touch purposes.
- DFT >5mm, < 19mm for thermal insulation or fire retardancy purposes.
- Cross layer-application is recommended, wet-in-wet.
- Measure WFT during application. Product expands up from between 5% to 15% during application.
- nC® ProTherm Fire-X will decrease 10% in thickness during curing time.
Table for curing times, at ambient temperature of 20° C and 60% humidity:
|All materials, indoor||12 hrs|
|All materials, outdoor||24 hrs / 48 hrs, depending on temperature and humidity|
|Product can be exposed to full rain after 12 hours. Full cure after 7 days|
- Let surface dry in for at least 6 hours before forced drying by means of blower or heater at 55° C max.
- Surface can be painted over.
- Clean knifes, nozzles with water immediately after any stop.
- Wash hands and face after every stop.
- Do not use this corrosion under insulation coating as a ﬁnal ﬂoor covering.
- To prevent corrosion under insulation: In case of long-term or life-long submersion, only install in combination with nC® ProTherm H2O finish.
- Do not install over poor surfaces, such as those with ﬂaking paint, grease or other contaminates.
- Do not allow application during freezing temperatures.
- Do not rely on visual measurement for coating thickness. Always use a wet ﬁlm thickness (WFT) and/or dry ﬁlm thickness (DFT) gauge in several areas to ensure proper application thickness.
- Never use pressure to empty drums.
- Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.
- nC ProTherm Fire-X has a shelf life of 6 months.
- Store nC ProTherm Fire-X between temperatures of 5° Celsius and 35° Celsius.
- nC ProTherm Fire-X is available in 5 kg, 20 kg, 65 kg or 350 kg packaging.
- Delivery time 1 to 3 weeks
- Special precautions for user(s): No known precautions for transport.
- UN number: None assigned.
- UN proper shipping name: None assigned.
- Transport hazard class(es): None assigned. Product is suitable for air transport.
- Packing group: None assigned.
- Environmental hazards: No known environmental hazards.
- It is advised to avoid freezing product.
- Guidance on transport in bulk: Transport in bulk according to Annex II of MARPOL 73/78 and the International Bulk Chemical Code (IBC code).
- Appearance after mixing: White yoghurt, thixotropic
- Odour: Acrylic
- % Solids: 72%
- Solvents: None, water 25,85%
- Density 0,5 g/cm³
- pH-Value 11 – 12
- Shore Hardness A = 30 – 40
- Boilingpoint 100° Celsius
- Flashpoint 300° Celsius
- Vapour pressure at 20° Celsius: 23 hPa
- VOC IE 2010/75 EU: 2,4% (32,4 g/l)